Sunday, August 14, 2011

Crazy Busy!

     So here we go, this is my second blog post. I am not sure what this blogging thing is all about, but why not keep going right? I am not a quitter Here goes..
      I have been nonstop for weeks now, running a daycare during the day and having the shop open at the same time...plus doing orders at night! Whew, did I mention all of the house work too! I noticed a cobweb hanging from the middle of my ceiling today! LOL! I cannot keep up with it all. I am not complaining mind you, however my mind cannot keep up. I have been trying to fill several orders a week and trying to keep up with everything else is killing my sleep habits.
    Everyone tells me I am too quick ..".slow down Sam" they say. I try my best to get orders out in less than a week, most of the time with success. Although lately I have had problems with wholesalers being out of stock on items or their shipping taking longer than it should. The worst thing is UPS considers me a residential delivery so they won't deliver to me on the weekends! So I have to wait all weekend sometimes to finish an order, when the rest of it is sitting in my workroom. Another struggle I have found is the location of my equipment. I would love to work some nights real late, however I cannot because of the close proximity to my husband sleeping. Some of my equipment is loud and would keep him up all night. Moving it elsewhere is really not an option at this time as I need a lot of room for my layout and set up for the embroidery. Therefor it has to be where it is for now.
      This week has been incredibly long, or should I say it has felt long! A lot of design work has been coming in and quotes being written up. I filled 4 large orders and took 4 orders. I am waiting on supplies to come in and art approvals from customers. Trying to get the shop restocked from a busy week last week has been tough as well. Everything I sold out of the week before has been out of stock from my wholesalers. Well next week is a new week anyway, Hopefully all of my orders come in tomorrow. I have a large hat order to do during the day, no daycare kids so I have all day. Then an all niter to get a big shirt order done.
     Breathe Sam, just breathe. My summer is coming to an end and none of my big projects here at home have been done yet. I have a a lot of painting and stuff I wanted to get done before the weather starts to change to cold. I love it anyway. I am hoping that Tuesday night it won't rain so I can stain the back deck....yes I know I probably don't need another thing to do this week, I just love a challenge 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment